Search This Blog

Sunday, September 29, 2024

Drinking and Hydrocephalus Part 2 (Updated)

I certainly was drinking a lot still the last time I wrote about this subject, and I had periods of time where I was drinking way more again. I stopped drinking hard liquor for the last time in 2017 and MD 20/20 and other replacements soon after with the exception of malt liquor. I stopped drinking malt liquor in 2022, and then started drinking beer only in moderation soon after. I've only been drinking a max of 2 beers at a time, and I'm on my 3rd months long sober streak (Anywhere from 3 months to 10 months at a time). I plan on easing my way back to 3 or 4 max, and drinking mixed drinks in moderation and definitely only socially. But right now is definitely not the time. I didn't start drinking until 21, and I started over drinking right away, but I kept it once a month. But my drinking started to get worse when I started working at a restaurant near a lot of bars a year later. I was definitely at my worse when I was 30, but I realized I was living dangerously, and was able to cut out hard liquor and anything that was close enough, and stopped hanging out in bars (specifically at night). I'm aware that there's people (with Hydrocephalus) that's going to read my blog that can't slow down as much as I have (or quit if needed). But keep shunt issues in mind when you are. The "bum wines" like MD 20/20, and Night train are the worse in my experience for temporary messing with my shunt, hard liquor, draft beer, and canned/bottled beer last. I have very little experience with normal wine. If you decide to switch to another kind of alcohol in order to drink less, please make sure you test the waters to make sure it's not actually worse for you. Edit: I found out that I've left out some details out for anyone that either doesn't know me well, or are pretty new to my blog. I started having shunt malfunction symptoms in 2009. I've made some progress, but it's been mostly in the other direction. It's some of those symptoms that get worse when drinking MD 20/20 and hard liquor (when getting drunk too fast).

No comments:

Post a Comment