Search This Blog

Friday, April 3, 2015

(Guest blog by Mikayla) Weather and shunts

Tim!
(Thank you for this opportunity.)

In regards to the shunt putting up a fight when the  weather changes, its plain and simple, your shunt is going to give you grief at one point or another no matter what the weather is doing.

I myself find that when it is really hot I have the most trouble and I tend to get reasonably troublesome headaches, I have also found that really cold temperatures bring on some pretty nasty headaches as well.

I can't really speak for anyone, I can't tell anyone what the weather may or may not do... I can however, and with pride might I add, say that no one is alone with this, maybe under other circumstances you are, but hydrocephalus is something we can work through together, and the weather, be it; rain, sun, snow or hail, can't stop us in our journey to be unique in a way that only few understand.
Regards,
Mikayla

No comments:

Post a Comment